Brand awareness was my crutch. I didn’t realize it at the time but had you asked me what my value to you as a business person was I would have said I will get you seen and known. Although that may happen and be true, it is NOT a measurable objective and if I can’t measure it then how can I prove it to you? I can’t.
What other objectives might we put as our main goals? Here’s a few to choose from –
- Website traffic
- Social Media Sharing
- Time Spent on Website
- Direct Sales
- Cumulative Feedback from Customers
- SEO Ranking
- Increased Customer Loyalty
- Subscriber Growth
These are measurable goals, but a social media strategist cannot accomplish them alone. This is why I’m taking courses that will certify me as a digital marketing strategist. I eventually want to pull together a team that will consist of these 3 areas –
With these 3 positions filled we will be able to create a marketing strategy that will meet the needs of today’s real estate brokerage and/or team.
Did you know that search engines now reward sites which provide USEFUL and RELEVANT content? Also, I have discovered that Google has recommended content should be:
- Useful and informative: include information the audience is likely looking for.
- More valuable and useful than other sites: Provides more value or a different perspective than the numerous articles already around the web.
- Credible: Show your site’s credibility by using research, citations, links, reviews and testimonials.
- High quality: Your site’s content should be unique, specific and high quality.
- Engaging: Bring color and life to your site by adding images of your products, your team, or yourself. Make sure visitors are not distracted by spelling, stylistic, and factual errors. Engage visitors by interacting with them.
So in order to do this, I will need to restructure my business to meet your needs. Either I quit my day job and go full-time as YOUR digital marketer – Content marketer – SEO strategist or I build a team. We’ll see which way the wind directs me, but I’m going to fill this need one way or another. You can bank on that.
Just like 7 years ago when I looked at social media and saw an opening and now I see it is MUCH more than simply social media. I’m excited and can’t wait to get started, BUT first I must finish these classes.